If a service member receives order to relocate to a new area for 90 days or more, and the service provider does not support coverage in that location, the service member may terminate the contract under the SCRA.

A written notice to the cell phone provider of the intention to terminate the contract, along with the reason for termination, and a copy of the military orders is required. After notice is given to the cell phone company, the contract is immediately terminated.